Pages

  • Home

Friday 31 July 2015 White Space Dissertation by Richard Canetti







The aim of this dissertation was to gain an understanding of how and why white space / nothingness communicates hidden visual messages and meanings to the readers, and how it went about doing it. I then decided to put what I had learnt into practice by publishing my dissertation using white space throughout. this enabled me show the reader what was being discussed. [source]

Whilst looking on the internet for information, reading material etc. about white/negative space I bumped into this project on Behance: a dissertation about negative space. 
It was interesting to read and look at how the designer explored the theme by analysing only editorial layouts - I guess that can be called his methodology of research. 

I definitely do not want to focus on editorial design only, but explore the subject of negative space in all subjects: I know I will have to be specific at one point and use a certain methodology of research and also of writing, but for now I am exploring the subject itself. 

Post a Comment