Pages

  • Home

Friday 31 July 2015 Ted Talks - John Maeda on "Designing for Simplicity' and "My Journey in Design"

John Maeda is the author of the book Law of Simplicity which I'm currently reading for CoP3. 

Here are two Ted Talks I've watched to get an idea of what design means for Maeda.




I found the talks rather interesting but John Maeda didn't focus enough on how to simplify design, which I guess it's information that he keeps for the Laws of Simplicity's readers. Maeda more or less tells us how he's designed complicated stuff and programmes all its life to simplify people's life teaching us that in order to get to simple concepts you must go through complicated methods and ways. 

Maeda also talked about one his mentors, Paul Rand and his book Thoughts on design which I have now added to my reading list. 

Post a Comment